I read Hacker News (HN hereafter) daily.
The way I read is that, I skim through titles and open 5~10 stories and actually read 2~5.
Two problems I have with HN.
- Each HN page shows 30 stories only and
- having to click on “more” for a post-back seemed too much of a pain
And I don’t need real-time updates of the story.
So I created SHaNc, a Static page Hacker News clone.
I will only introduce you SHaNc in this article. Details on how it was built and problems faced while building it will be discussed in the next post.
Here are the three things you can do with it.
- You can search for a book from Google Books.
- The searched book detail can be viewed.
- Open the book on Google Books or Amazon page in a browser.